A terminology usage guide to distinguish between
- A general term referring to the Knowledgebase of Interatomic Models (KIM) project
- The people involved in the KIM project, e.g. "KIM Director", "KIM Technical Lead", "KIM Editor", "KIM Team".
- Standards defined through the KIM project, e.g. the "KIM API", "KIM Property Definition"
- Content conforming to KIM standards, e.g. "KIM Model Driver", "KIM Model", "KIM Test Driver", "KIM Test", "KIM Verification Check", "KIM ID".
- Basic KIM infrastructure that can be used in both open and proprietary settings, e.g. "KIM Processing Pipeline".
OpenKIM is used for:
- Things related to the open science nonprofit efforts of the KIM project and the associated cyberinfrastructure
- Governance of OpenKIM, e.g. "OpenKIM Advisory Board"
- The repository content curated through openkim.org, e.g. the "OpenKIM Repository".
- The members of the OpenKIM organization, by virtue of registering their membership through openkim.org, e.g. the "OpenKIM Members"
openkim.org is used for:
- Things related to the online presence of the OpenKIM cyberinfrastructure
- The openkim.org website
- All related sub-websites (*.openkim.org)
- The openkim.org domain name, used in property definitions